APRS beacon not showing up on aprs.fi - what am I missing
- Replies 1
- Views 51
- Created
- Last Reply
Top Posters In This Topic
-
Jessica Wilson 1 post
-
Jessica Davis 1 post
A better way to browse. Learn more.
A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.
So ive been messing with APRS for about two weeks now and I cannot for the life of me get my beacon to show up consistently on aprs.fi. I'm running a TM-D710G with the internal TNC, path is set to WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 which I thought was pretty standard. I can hear other stations just fine and my radio is definitely transmitting - I can see the TX light hit when it beacons - but half the time it just doesn't show up, and when it does it's like 20-30 minutes delayed.
I'm in a semi-rural area, nearest igate I think is maybe 25 miles out? Not sure if that's the issue or if I have something misconfigured in the path settings. My beacon rate is set to 1 minute right now, thought that might help but honestly it might just be making things worse by flooding stuff. Any ideas what to look at first?
Link to comment
https://www.hamradiobase.com/forums/topic/7577-aprs-beacon-not-showing-up-on-aprsfi-what-am-i-missing/Share on other sites