APRS position not showing up on aprs.fi - what am I missing
- Replies 1
- Views 57
- Created
- Last Reply
Top Posters In This Topic
-
David Davis44 1 post
-
James Anderson 1 post
A better way to browse. Learn more.
A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.
so ive been messing with APRS for a few weeks now and I cannot for the life of me get my position to show up on aprs.fi. I'm running a TM-D710G which I know has the built in TNC, set to 1200 baud, 144.390, and I can hear packets decoding on the screen just fine - other stations are showing up in the station list so I know its receiving. But my own callsign never appears on the map.
I've double checked the path and I'm using WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 which should be fine for suburban area right? SSID is set to -9. The internal GPS is locked, I can see coordinates on the display. Beacon rate is set to smart beaconing with the defaults. Honestly not sure what else to check at this point. Been transmitting for like an hour with nothing. Do I need to verify my callsign somewhere or register it or something before it shows up?
Link to comment
https://www.hamradiobase.com/forums/topic/7675-aprs-position-not-showing-up-on-aprsfi-what-am-i-missing/Share on other sites