is the extra class exam actually worth it or am I overthinking this
- Replies 1
- Views 37
- Created
- Last Reply
Top Posters In This Topic
-
Rag Chewer 1 post
-
Ashley Wilson 1 post
A better way to browse. Learn more.
A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.
so ive been a general for about two years now and people keep telling me to just go ahead and get my extra but honestly every time I look at the question pool I kind of freeze up. like the stuff about filter design and transmission line theory and all the impedance matching stuff... I passed my general without really understanding half of it and im wondering if extra is going to be the same deal or if it actually requires you to really know the theory.
also the privileges thing, I know you get the extra sub-bands on HF but practically speaking how much does that matter day to day. I mostly do 40m and 20m SSB and some digital. is the extra portion of those bands actually less crowded or is that kind of a myth at this point. genuinely not sure if I should buckle down and study or just keep operating as general and not stress about it.
Link to comment
https://www.hamradiobase.com/forums/topic/7850-is-the-extra-class-exam-actually-worth-it-or-am-i-overthinking-this/Share on other sites