Anyone else do the Wednesday night traffic net? Wondering about check-in procedures
- Replies 1
- Views 32
- Created
- Last Reply
Top Posters In This Topic
-
Emily Johnson 1 post
-
David Williams95 1 post
A better way to browse. Learn more.
A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.
So I finally got my general ticket about three weeks ago and ive been lurking on the 2m repeater here in town but havent really done much with it. A buddy at the club mentioned there's a Wednesday night net that runs on the local repeater and apparently there's also some kind of state-level HF net that ties into it or something? I honestly didnt fully understand his explanation.
Anyway I want to start checking in but im a little nervous about messing it up. Like do you just wait for the net control to call for check-ins and then say your call sign and name? Is there a specific format or will they get annoyed if i do it wrong? Also I saw somewhere that there's a special event station activation this weekend for some kind of anniversary - W1AW or something similar - and i have no idea how that works either. Is that the same kind of thing or totally different.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, just trying to figure out how all this works before i key up and embarass myself
Link to comment
https://www.hamradiobase.com/forums/topic/7888-anyone-else-do-the-wednesday-night-traffic-net-wondering-about-checkin-procedures/Share on other sites