confused about DXCC vs WAS vs WAZ - where do I even start
- Replies 1
- Views 25
- Created
- Last Reply
Top Posters In This Topic
-
Michael Anderson 1 post
-
Amanda Wright 1 post
A better way to browse. Learn more.
A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.
ok so ive been licensed about 8 months now and people keep talking about chasing DXCC and WAS and all these awards and honestly it's a little overwhelming trying to figure out what counts for what. like I worked a station in Hawaii last week and I know that counts for WAS but does it also count toward DXCC? I thought the US didn't count for DXCC but then someone told me certain US territories do? and then WAZ is zones which is completely different... I think?
im running a modest station, IC-7300 into a dipole in the attic so I know im not going to be busting huge pileups anytime soon but I figured working toward some of these awards might give me a reason to actually get on the air more instead of just listening. anyway if someone could just give me a plain english rundown of how these three are different and whether its worth trying to chase all three at the same time or focus on one I would really appreciate it
Link to comment
https://www.hamradiobase.com/forums/topic/8050-confused-about-dxcc-vs-was-vs-waz-where-do-i-even-start/Share on other sites