confused about where exactly I can transmit on 40m as a general
- Replies 1
- Views 23
- Created
- Last Reply
Top Posters In This Topic
-
Tom Anderson 1 post
-
Rachel Williams 1 post
A better way to browse. Learn more.
A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.
ok so I finally upgraded to general a few weeks ago and I've been trying to figure out where I'm actually allowed to operate on 40 meters. I know there's the phone portion and the cw portion but every chart I look at online seems slightly different and I'm not sure which one is the actual legal limit vs the suggested one. like is there a difference between the band plan and the actual FCC allocation? someone at my club mentioned something about the ARRL band plan not being law and now I'm second guessing everything I thought I knew. also heard something about staying away from band edges but nobody really explained why, something about your signal being wider than you think? just trying not to accidentally transmit somewhere I shouldnt be
Link to comment
https://www.hamradiobase.com/forums/topic/8080-confused-about-where-exactly-i-can-transmit-on-40m-as-a-general/Share on other sites