new to HTs - what should I actually look for?
- Replies 1
- Views 25
- Created
- Last Reply
Top Posters In This Topic
-
Jennifer Wu 1 post
-
Radio Geek 1 post
A better way to browse. Learn more.
A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.
so I just passed my tech exam last week and everyone keeps telling me to just get a baofeng to start but then someone at the club meeting said that was bad advice and now im totally lost. like what actually matters when youre picking a handheld? I know there's dual band stuff and some have more memory channels and whatever but I don't really understand what makes one worth more than another. is the baofeng thing actually fine or am I going to regret it? also someone mentioned CHIRP and I have no idea what that is either. sorry if this is a really basic question, congrats to me I guess lol
Link to comment
https://www.hamradiobase.com/forums/topic/8176-new-to-hts-what-should-i-actually-look-for/Share on other sites