Did I mess up on the net last night? Feeling a bit embarrassed
- Replies 1
- Views 4
- Created
- Last Reply
Top Posters In This Topic
-
Brian Wilson 1 post
-
Kevin Jackson 1 post
A better way to browse. Learn more.
A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.
So i checked into the county ARES net last night for maybe the third time ever and i think i did something wrong. When the net control called for check-ins i just gave my callsign but then i also started talking about why i was checking in and some background noise stuff before he acknowledged me. A couple people messaged me afterwards saying i should wait to be acknowledged first before saying anything beyond my callsign. Is that actually a hard rule or just a preference thing? I felt really dumb after and honestly almost dont want to go back on next week. I've been licensed about four months and still figuring out how all this works.
Link to comment
https://www.hamradiobase.com/forums/topic/8389-did-i-mess-up-on-the-net-last-night-feeling-a-bit-embarrassed/Share on other sites