confused about the vanity callsign process - when can I even apply?
- Replies 1
- Views 40
- Created
- Last Reply
Top Posters In This Topic
-
Ham Mountain 1 post
-
James Wilson 1 post
A better way to browse. Learn more.
A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.
okay so I just passed my general exam last week and im really excited to upgrade my callsign eventually. right now I have a sequential call that the FCC assigned me and its fine but its kind of long and awkward to say on the air, you know one of those 2x3 calls with letters that dont flow great phonetically.
I was reading about the vanity callsign system and it seems like you can apply for basically any available call in your license class pool right? but I cant figure out the timing. like do I have to wait a certain amount of time before I can apply, or can I submit right after my license shows up in the ULS? I keep seeing people mention a 30 day wait but someone else in my club said thats not a thing anymore. and what happens if two people apply for the same call at the same time, does the FCC just pick one randomly or is there a lottery or what
also wondering if there are tools to check which calls are available before I go through the whole application - I dont want to apply for something and then find out it was just assigned to someone else last week
Link to comment
https://www.hamradiobase.com/forums/topic/7184-confused-about-the-vanity-callsign-process-when-can-i-even-apply/Share on other sites